LINKS:Hotspur's MySpaceHotspurMusic.comHotspur on FacebookOnline Merch StoreHotspur on iTunes Joe Mach - Vocals, GuitarCoop Cooper - BassEvan Anderson - Guitar, Vocals Scott Robinson - DrumsDave Trichter - Keyboards, Vocals
Hotspur, named “New Artist of the Year” by the Washington Area Music Assoc.- DC, recently released their second full-length album titled, “You Should Know Better By Now” - produced by Bryan Russell (Envy On The Coast, Straylight Run) and mixed by Paul Leavitt (All Time Low, Senses Fail).
2010- Grand Prize Winner – In a nationwide search, Hotspur is selected as one of the country's top three unsigned bands- by OurStage, Myspace, Facebook, ReverbNation, New Music Seminar, and Tommy Boy Records. Hotspur performs at New Music Seminar, NYC on July 20, and is chosen the Grand Prize Winner - “Artist on the Verge”. Hotspur's second single “Heads/Tails” is currently featured on MTV.com and rotation on mtvU. The video can also be seen on 'FUSE On Demand', and over 100 video outlets. In October 2009, Hotspur won the nationwide fan vote on mtvU's program, “The Freshmen”, for the video “Chandelier”. The video was placed in mtvU’s regular rotation for the Fall. MTV.com deemed the band, “buzzworthy”. In addition, the “Chandelier” single has received strong support on a number of East Coast radio stations.
Hotspur was also selected for Taco Bell's “Feed the Beat” program, along with All-American Rejects and Owl City. Hotspur has been on tour since the album’s release, supporting such artists as Boys Like Girls and Metro Station, and recent RCA-signees, 2 AM Club. Hotspur performed at SXSW 2010, and headlines major concert venues which include DC's prestigious 9:30 Club, and Rams Head Live, Baltimore MD.
Trailblazing indie magazine Alternative Press featured Hotspur in its August 2009 issue, informing their loyal readers: “Hotspur combine intricate piano and heartfelt melodies with enough electronics to keep pop-punk and club kids content.”
“You Should Know Better By Now” is an immediately captivating album, one that draws you in at the first listen.” Metro Weekly (Washington, DC)
Singer/songwriter Joe Mach and keyboard player Dave Trichter formed Hotspur while both were undergraduates at the University of Maryland. Inspired by the sophisticated songwriting and dynamic live performances of bands such as The Killers and Muse, the duo aspired to create “the sound of rock ’n’ roll evolving”—grandiose vocals and crunchy guitars, infused with intricate piano work and hip-hop inspired synthesizers. Drummer Scott Robinson joined the band after producing their debut EP. Dave “Coop” Cooper soon joined on bass. The band was christened “Hotspur” after the rash and hot-headed Shakespearean villain, namesake to the cult favorite UK football team.
Their debut album “Beta” garnered universal praise and an infectious buzz. Eight of the album’s 10 songs landed on MTV programs and garnered Hotspur a spot on Warped Tour 2007. Hotspur truly shines onstage. With the addition of guitar ace Evan Anderson in late-2008, the band has evolved into a five-man barrage of sound. Constant touring, stadium-caliber live performances, and tireless attention paid to their growing legion of fans will all contribute to one day making Hotspur a household name.RECENT HIGHLIGHTS
- GRAND PRIZE WINNER "Artist on the Verge" - New Music Seminar
- Hotspur performs at SXSW Music Tech Mashup Showcase - 3/17
- Red Gorilla Music Festival 3/20, Austin, TX
- Voted "New Artist of the Year" - Washington Area Music Assoc - DC
- Winner of Taco Bell's "Feed The Beat" program
- Hotspur video "Chandelier" added to regular rotation on MTVu, Hotspur wins "The Freshmen" voting contest
- WUSA9 TV - Hotspur Feature/Interview on Channel 9 News
- Hotspur video "Chandelier" featured in "Top Rock" on Singingfool.com
- Hotspur video "Chandelier" added to over 100 other video channels and outlets across the country, including Virgin Megastores, Hard Rock Cafe, Macy's, H&M, Ralph Lauren/Polo, American Eagle Outfitters, Armed Forces Television and more
- 15,000 songs downloaded in one day of free downloads
- DC-Washington Area Music Awards - nominate Hotspur "Best New Artist", "Songwriter of the Year",
"Album of the Year", "Best Modern Rock Group", "Best Modern Rock Vocals", "Best Modern Rock Instrumentalist", "Manager of the Year"
- WIYY Baltimore's 98 Rock, names Hotspur "98 Rock Band of the Month," and puts "Chandelier" into rotation (Sept 09)
- Hotspur performs with Boys Like Girls at Hard Rock Cafe DC (sold out) and raises over $15,000 for breast cancer awareness
- FOX TV - Hotspur performs on Fearless TV (Aug 2009)
- CD distribution in Hot Topic stores and soon in Best Buy regionally
- Hotspur performs for 4000 fans at Six Flags with Metro Station (Aug 2009)
- Alternative Press Magazine- Featured as "Unsigned Band of the Month", AP&R Section (Aug 2009)
- On Tap Magazine - "Artist of the Month" Full page feature: http://www.hotspurmusic.com/MEDIA/BudBand0809-1.pdf
- Alternative Addiction - two songs crack Top Ten chart (July 2009)
- MTV - Calls Hotspur "Buzzworthy": http://buzzworthy.mtv.com/2009/06/11/the-buzz-on-hotspur/
- Release second CD, "You Should Know Better by Now" (June 2009)
- Sponsored by Ultimate Ears (www.ultimateears.com
), IKY clothing (www.ikyclothing.com
), Taco Bell (www.tacobell.com
- Named in Top 15 - "Best Unsigned Bands" - TheDailyChorus.com
- Playing over 200 dates a year - Touring from Boston to LA (2008)
- Played 6 dates of Warped Tour 2007, promotional tour for 26 dates
- Feature Cover story of Washington City Paper, Sept 2007
- Two songs from "Beta" placed on MTV's "The Hills" (2007)
- Six songs from "Beta" placed on MTV's "Next" (2007)
- Sold over 10,000 copies of "Beta" independently
- Tours sponsored and promoted by Myspace Records, Big Picture Media Publicity, Ernie Ball, AbsolutePunk.net, and others.
- "You Should Know Better By Now" is one of the strongest sophomore releases of the new millennium -
With a mature songwriting style, a knack for finding the right musical and lyrical hook, and an exciting live show, Hotspur is well prepared to take the world's stages by storm - Dr. Matt Wornock- Modern Guitarist, Guitarist International
"If Hotspur doesn't get your attention when you hear'em, you're officially dead!" - Stash (afternoon drive), WIYY 98 Rock, Baltimore
"Remember when rock was fun, exciting, energetic and an escape? If you forgot, spin a Hotspur track and it will all come back to you!" Skip Dixxon Program Director/Music Director WOCM Ocean City, Md.
“Hotspur combine intricate piano and heartfelt melodies with enough electronics to keep pop-punk and club kids content.” - Alternative Press Magazine
"Hotspur, the Maryland/DC area quintet that is about to blow up... 'You Should Know Better By Now' is an excellent round up of 13 tracks." - OnTap Magazine
"the perfect blend of the piano throughout all of their songs... Hotspur is doing something different, but doing it right." - Straight Up Random
"The band's pop-rock is so catchy, the melodies and hooks so ingratiating, the vocals of Joe Mach and the synths of Dave Trichter so pristinely clear and crisp" - Metro Weekly
"their name has spread even quicker than most... Hotspur can certainly stir a crowd at a show." - So Bring On Mixed Reviews
"I am serious, ever since I got this album to review and play on my radio show it has been of the constant fixtures in my listening of music." - HeartThrobMedia.net
"Hotspur is the next hot band." - The Superficial Teen