About Jamie McCarthy
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Imagine Hunter S. Thompson and The Beastie Boys sitting at the bar - they’d be drinking Jamie
McCarthy’s funky rock brew blended in the inspiration of G. Love and Special Sauce, Jack Johnson and
Citizen Cope. Jamie McCarthy is back for round two with Salvation, the follow up album to 2007’s
Strange Town. Salvation features Gotta Be, his soulful ballad, and Call Me Crazy, quite possibly the
funniest, sing-a-long song ever written about wanting to kill someone. Because don’t we all feel that way
--Jamie McCarthy was a 2009 nominee at the Detroit Music Awards for his record Salvation
• SPIN magazine and WDET FM 101.9, will sponsored Jamie’s release party's for Salvation and Into the Mellow
• Jamie’s song Meant 4 Me appears in the new independent film Sometimes in Life, directed by
Anthony Vallone. Sometimes in Life also features music from two-time Grammy winner
Ozomatli, Modest Mouse and Michael Franti and Spearhead.
• Jamie recently appeared in a cameo role as The Repo Depo Guy and as the musical guest in
Episode 8 of Ced N Teri, the popular new web series directed by Mikey Brown.
• Marlon Young of Kid Rock’s band and Vinnie Dombrowski of Sponge both played on Strange
Town, Jamie’s debut album.
• Jamie has done everything from jamming with Harry Connick Jr. to producing rap tracks for an
artist in Chicago.
--Jamie and The Verbe Pipe shared a sold out stage at the Magic Bag this year where Jamie attracted all major news media
• Key dates: Watch for Jamie at the Chicago Taste on July 3rd
pending. Detroit’s leading alternative commercial rock station, CIMX FM 88.7, recently invited
him to play a show.
• Key press: Jamie recently visited WDET FM 101.9 (Detroit) for an in-studio performance/
interview, garnered airplay on WKQL FM 107.1 (Ann Arbor) and has taken the ink with several
media including Real Detroit, one of Detroit’s two leading arts and entertainment weeklies.
--Jamie's Song America Get Well Soon is on weekly rotation on NPR