About Michael Campbell Producer
Las Vegas, NV
Michael Campbell's career began at the age of 14, when he, Daryl Kelly and Glen Jones started a band to participate in their school talent show at Winthrop Junior High School Annex in his hometown of Brooklyn, New York.
By age 15, his band, New Experience, was a semi-finalist in a CBS Records talent competition held at the Billie Holiday Theater in Brooklyn, New York.
At the age of 16, he was chosen as an apprentice of Atlantic Records co-founder Herb Abramson at A-1 Recording Studios in New York City. It was there that he learned the skills necessary to become a highly skilled and sought after Recording Engineer while performing as a musician with the New Experience Band. He worked as an assistant Engineer to such artists as Bernard Purdy, Lloyd Price, Otis Blackwell, Roy Ayres and countless other music legends as well as dozens of Broadway soundtracks.
It was this training from the masters in recording engineering that gives him the knowledge of microphone placement techniques and mixing skills that today's engineers cannot deliver.
Employment History / Credits
Producer, Recording Engineer, Record Label, Music Director, Professor, technonogy, instructor, CEO, Vice President, Paralegal.
• Understudy Percussionist in the Broadway musical, "The Runaways" produced by the late Joseph Papp and the New York Shakespeare Theater.
• Music Director For the Harlem Children's Theater Co. Production of "Babylon II" Produced by Aduk'e Aremu
• Served as Marching Band Director for a summer program at the Edenwald-Gunhill Community Center in the Bronx, New York
• Was a record industry speaker at New York University, Adam Clayton Powell Center - Harlem, New York, Entertainment First Music and Fashion Expo-Las Vegas, NV.
• Served as an Adjunct Professor for several colleges and universities teaching Audio Recording courses. The universities included: Virginia State University-Petersburg VA., Virginia Union University and J. Sargeant Reynolds University-Richmond, VA.
• Guest speaker at The Peabody Conservatory of Music seminar on Surround Sound Mixing sponsored by Electronic Musician Magazine, JBL and Panasonic.
• Member of the Audio Engineering Society
• Voting Member of the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, a.k.a. "The Grammy Awards"
• Winner of Brooklyn's Top Producer Award sponsored by Source Magazine
• Server as video workshop instructor for the Jackie Robinson Center For Physical Culture - Brooklyn, NY
• Microsoft Certified System Engineer Training at Republic Research Training Center - Richmond, VA.
• Helped his family set up and manage the affairs of several clubs throughout North Carolina
• Received a Community Development Block Grant for the development of a youth training program in Digital Audio Technology-Richmond, VA.
• Selected City of Richmond Councilwoman L. Shirley Harvey to represent District Six as a member of the Minority Business Advisory Board and served two terms.
• BMI Writer
• SESAC Publisher - Cheese Factory Music
• Served as a celebrity judge for the Legends Talent Competition at the Imperial Palace Casino - Las Vegas, NV
• Music Director for the Lending Tree.com Corporation Launch Party, Charlotte, NC.
• York Records
• Music Director for “That’s what friends are for” Concert at The Orleans Casino, Las Vegas
• Was the first Producer to discover and work with MC Lyte
• Erasmus Hall High School Institute of music and Performing Arts
• Contributing music editor for Forefront Magazine, Las Vegas, NV
• Designed and installed sound and video systems for a stadium, a theater, two aerobics centers and Developed a You Tube marketing campaign for Camp Shane in New York
Producer/Engineer/Musician/composer/Music Director for the following companies and Artists:
Colisa Records, B-Boy Records, Atlantic Records, Tsob Records, DreamWorks Records, Arista Records, Profile Records, Salsoul Records, Spring Posse Records, MCA Records, Brunswick Records, West End Records, Prelude Records, TVI Records, Vangard Records, Sound of New York Records, P&P Records, Queen Constance Records, Chocolate City Records, York Records.
Served as personal engineer to Otis Blackwell and his Colisa Record Label, started by Otis and his long time friend Frank Mewborn.
This legendary studio was located in a storefront at 767 Rogers Ave in Brooklyn. Otis Blackwell is the writer of most of
Elvis Presley's most popular songs, "Don't be cruel” and "Return to Sender". His was the voice that Elvis imitated by listening to his demo tapes and studying his sound. He also wrote "Blue Suede Shoes"
Melba Moore, Sister Sledge, Evelyn Champagne King, Tanna Gardner, Gloria Gaynor, Loletta Holloway, Vicky D, Harold Melvin & The Blue notes, Passion, Dr. York, Petite, Jalet, Wu-Tang, Jody Whatley, B.T. Express, Dionne Warwick, Keisha Cole, SOS Band, Midnight Star, Sugarhill Gang, The Cover Girls, John Legend, The Killers, Shirley Caesar and many more
D&D productions/source magazine top producer award Brooklyn NY 1991
J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College Center for
Corporate and Professional Development -
Microsoft Certified training in the following:
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Networking Essentials
Republic Research and Training center - June 1999
Microsoft Certified training in the following:
Administering Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
Supporting Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Core Technologies
Turner-Russell-Davis Contractors College - March 1999
Certificate In Project Management
Southside Virginia Business Council
Certificate in business
Crestar Bank- Crestar Academy
Certificate in Business Plan Development
City of Richmond- Office of Minority Business
Certificate in government contract procurement
Adelphi University - June 1998
Garden City, NY.
Lawyers Assistant Program, ABA approved intensive 12
40 hours in Litigation; Wills, Trusts & Estates;
Corporations; Real Estate & Mortgages.
20 hours each in Matrimonial Law and Criminal Law.
32 hours in Legal Research. Included preparation of
pleadings, Case Briefs, Memoranda, motions and
instruction in substantive law. Research covered use
of primary and secondary sources, digests and
judicial reports, shepardizing and lexis computerized
Medgar Evers College
3 years completed majoring in Finance.
-Business Law -Statistics
-Modern Corporate Finance -Economics I & II
-Money and Banking -Marketing
Founder and president of the Medgar Evers College
Business Manager for the college Drama Club
Candidate for student Government president
Erasmus Hall H.S. Institute For The Performing Arts
New York, NY.
Concert Band, Orchestra - Percussionist
Jazz Band, Senior Band - Bass Guitar
Winthrop J.H.S. School Of The Arts
Concert Band, Orchestra, Senior band - Percussionist
Will work worldwide