|Band Members||Konshens and His State of Mind:; ; Konshens - The MC; Ray Mincey - Sax, Keys & Backup Vox Potsie Major - Keys ; Darwin Yates - Percussion; Greg Gibson - Bass ; Gaje Jones - Lead Guitar; Tim Gerald - Drums|
|# Years Experience Performing Live:||5|
|# Live Perfomances Past Six-months:||47|
|Market Draw:||DC,MD and VA: 800+|
|Venue History:||Bourbon Street/The Quarter - Baltimore, MD; Club Liv - Washington, DC; Club Reality 2625 Washington BLVD in Baltimore, MD - Baltimore, MD; Indulj Restaurant & Lounge - Washington, DC; Nyack Village Theater - Nyack, NY; Bohemian Caverns - Washington, DC; DC Convention Center - Washington, DC; Apache Cafe - Atlanta, GA; Hedonism II - Negril, JA; Fletcher's - Baltimore, MD; kenny's alley - atl, GA; Tribal Spears Art Gallery - NY, NY; HAYDEES LOUNGE - Washington, DC; Dynasty - Washington, DC; Averett University - Danville, VA; Anacostia Smithsonian Museum - Southeast, DC; Monument National Grounds - Washington, DC; Joh Marshall Park - Washington, DC; Twelve Lounge - Washington DC, DC; Club Mirrors - Washington, DC; Axum Night Club - washington D.C, DC; Sylvan Theatre - Washington DC, DC; Six Flags Great Adventure - Jackson, NJ; The Millennium Stage @ The Kennedy Center - Washington DC, DC; Takoma Station Tavern - Washington, DC; Club Heaven and Hell - Washington, DC; Howard Theatre, The - Washington, DC; HAYDEES LOUNGE - Washington, DC; ABC 7 - Washington, DC; WUSA CBS 9 - Washington, DC; University of Maryland - Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center - College Park, MD; Halcyon House - Washington, DC; Georgetown University - Washington, DC; Howard University - Washington D.C., DC|
|Opener Experience:||Marcus Johnson (Jazz Artist), Mike Phillips (Grammy Award Winning Saxophonist), Jackeim Joyner; Big Daddy Kane; Freeway (rapper); Snoop Dogg (rapper); Wouter Kellerman (Grammy Award Winning Flutist)|
|Similar Artists:||NONE - Konshens and His State of Mind define originality|
|Performing Rights Society:||BMI|
|Discography:||Militant Single—2016; Sound of the City Single—2015; Thats Dope Single—2014; God I Pray Single—2014; Konshens & his State of Mind: The Progression LP—2013; Konshens & His State of Mind: The Evolution LP—2009; Konshens - The Chosen One LP—2007|
Tarik ‘Konshens The MC' Davis is a hip-hop artist, songwriter, educator and youth advocate from Washington D.C. He is currently an Advisor on the Grammy Chapter Board, Voting Member of the Grammy Recording Academy and Grammy Museum Teaching Artist. He is also the MC of ‘Classically Dope,’ which merges hip-hop lyrics with classical arrangements. He recently performed at the John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts and has been featured on Fox, ABC and CBS networks, in February 2017's edition of Washingtonian Magazine and more. As an artist and innovator, Konshens stands at the forefront of the evolution of hip-hop.
As an educator, he leads workshops on creative writing in hip-hop, spoken word and music production. He also teaches conflict resolution and community building through the Theater of the Oppressed with schools, educational and social organizations, in efforts to promote positivity, peace, love, support and acceptance in our community and worldwide.
Konshens has constructed his own (7-piece) band, ‘STATE of MIND.’ His newest musical collaboration ‘Classically Dope’ is compiled of members of ‘State of Mind' and University of Maryland's classical ensemble, 'The Daraja Ensemble'. Awards and Accolades include:
• Advisor for the GRAMMY Recording Academy, Washington DC Chapter
• Co-Chairman of the GRAMMY Recording Academy Hip-Hop Committee (DC, MD & VA region)
• Featured Artist on GRAMMYPro.com for Songwriters Week
• Voting member of the GRAMMY Recording Academy
• Top 5-artist song downloads (over 28k) for independent music campaign with Myxer
• The only nominee from the DC region for the 10th Annual Independent Music Awards
ARTS & EDUCATION
• Featured artist/performer at the John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts
• Teaching Artist, GRAMMY Museum and Global Wildlife Conservation
• S & R Foundation/Halcyon Artist Fellow
• Featured guest speaker at the Department of Education on "Arts Education and Special-Needs Children"
• Certified trainee with Theatre of the Oppressed, NYC
• First hip-hop artist to perform at Grand Canyon National Park
• Appreciation award recipient from the City Council of Baltimore for bringing awareness to youth on the importance of being a registered voter and voting
• Nominee, Mayors Arts Award for Outstanding Emerging Artist
• Nominee at the DMV Music Awards for 3 years
• Ranking as one of the top 3 artists in "Coors Light Search for the Coldest MC" Competition for the DC/Baltimore Region.
• Named “Entertainer of the Year” by Velocity Magazine (for the DC, MD, VA region)
TELEVISION & FILM
• Featured artist/performer on Fox, ABC & CBS networks
• Featured independent artist in underground music campaign with GEICO
• Voice-over actor with Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance Co.
• Song placement on Converse project "Get Out of The Garage" distributed at Journey's shoe/clothing store across the U.S.
• Song placement in the motion picture film “Compliance,” featured at Sundance Film Festival
• Song placements with ESPN, Pizza Hut, wix.com & YouTube Promotions
Konshens The MC is also planning to release an inspirational book in 2017, followed by his 4th independent album release. Konshens views life as a constant evolution and is a firm believer in the famous quote by Frederick Douglass that “without struggle, there is no progress.”
Facebook: Konshens TheMc
Backline setup - Bass Rig, guitar amp, DI box for keys, drum kit (mic'd), congos (4) mic'd, monitors for each instrument and 2 vocal mics. When performing with the Ensemble the set up is: Piano, Flute, Sax, Oboe, Bossoon, French Horn, Clarinet and 1 vocal mic