Join OurStage to discover and listen to new music from great indie artists.
Get exposure building your fan base and selling music.
Find opportunities through our competitions.
Welcome to OurStage.
As a member of the newly formed OurStage “Stage Crew,” it’s my goal to make you feel welcome on the site and to help you navigate its main streets and back alleys. Here are five basic suggestions for getting started.
Your OurStage First Five
1. Create a killer profile and pack it with your most impressive music, live performance videos, photos, and more. Here’s an example of how it should look: http://www.ourstage.com/fanclub/tomhamilto
The better it looks, the better the chances are that success wil
Bonus: Once your profile is in order, click “View My EPK”. Add press clips if you have them, gig dates, and more. Then activate your free EPK by clicking on the link at the top of the page. Check out an example of a stellar EPK: http://www.ourstage.com/epk/amandakaletsk
2. Put your music out there. Enter your best songs in this month’s Channels. Watch them compete against the best (and worst) in your genre and keep an eye on your ranking as decided by tens of thousands of music fans. You can’t get that kind of exposure or perspective on your work anywhere else.
3. Go to Daniel Palmer’s (he’s the Community Relations guy) profile [www.ourstage.com/fanclub/danielpalmer] and join his fan club so you can get updated on the latest OurStage news and developments.
Bonus: Read his blog [http://www.ourstage.com/profile/danielpalmer/posts] while you’re there and check back regularly for everything from performance tips, contest rule changes, killer gigs and opportunities to apply for, and musings about the music industry and the best road to success.
Check out these helpful blog posts from Daniel for maximizin
your success on OurStage
4. Get in good with the online hosts of this site, Quinn [http://www.ourstage.com/fanclub/quinn] and Alyssa [http://www.ourstage.com/fanclub/alyssajayne]. Read their blogs, [http://blog.ourstage.com/category/alyssas-blog/] [http://blog.ourstage.com/category/quinns-blog/] email them to share your best songs, and let them know if you land any big opportunities so they can feature your accomplishment.
5. Read the Artist Success Stories to get inspired by the potential that’s here for you. [http://www.ourstage.com/go/artistsuccessstories
If you’re still hungry for more, join the OS Community Fan Club and subscribe to the OurStage newsletter. That way you’ll stay current on all things OurStage
Want to keep the good vibes flowing? Make friends with two artists whose music you like. Pass this letter along to them and ask that they do the same. That way, everybody has the info they need to make OurStage work for them
Best of luck as you battle your way to the top of the charts and take advantage of this uniquely artist-friendly music discovery site.
If you have any questions, email me or Daniel (Daniel@ourstage.com).
Your friendly OurStage tour guide
From across the Atlantic~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Your One and Only
Word Man ... Athens, Greece