About The Soles
NEW BROKEN GHOST EP BY THE SOLES Rock & Roll, Pop, Punk, Reggae, Folk, Politics and Spirituality mix for 14 Action-Packed minutes!
THE SOLES BIO HIGHLIGHTS
• Song 'Broken Ghost' - ‘Feature Track of the Day’ at Exploremusic.com April 7 2001 – As featured by Alan Cross & Adam Morrison
• Broken Ghost EP released Feb 16 2011 generating play on Canadian university radio in: Kamloops BC #18 (CFBX), Victoria BC (CFUV), Burnaby BC (CJSF), Edmonton AB (CJSR), Calgary AB (CJSW), Winnipeg MN (CJUM), Sault Ste. Marie ON (CKLU), Windsor ON (CJAM), Hamilton ON #29 (CFMU), Scarborough ON (CSCR), Kingston ON (CFRC), Montreal (CKUT), Sherbrooke QC (CJMQ), Trois-Rivieres, QC (CFOU) and St John’s NF (CHMR & CFMH). Also some play on IndieCan Radio etc
• Broken Ghost and Illusion added to Undercurrents Radio (over 50 radio stations across the US.
• Selected to play biggest festival in North America, The Northwest Folklife Festival – Vera Stage, May 31 2010 – Also, recipient of FACTOR Showcase grant for this festival
• Performed two The Soles songs at 2010 Winter Olympics Vancouver
• You Burst Into Fire Again receives solid US National radio play from 2008 to present on Undercurrents Network (50 plus stations)
• Song 'Sky' chosen for 'Fight For The Planet' Documentary, March 2009
• Toured to: Sault Ste. Marie ON, Ottawa ON (twice), Vancouver BC, Victoria BC (twice), Halliburton ON, South River ON, St. Catherine’s ON, London ON and Peterborough ON etc.
• Headlined many live venues in Toronto including: the Horseshoe Tavern, the Reverb, Cameron House, the El Mocambo, Free Times Cafe, Smiling Buddha Bar, Cadillac Lounge, Not My Dog, The Supermarket etc.
• Released debut full-length album You Burst Into Fire Again, September 2008
• 2004 The Soles LP (Demo) reaches #12 at CFRU, Guelph ON
QUOTES ABOUT THE SOLES
'‘I’m drawn to this Toronto three’s five-song EP, especially 'Broken Ghost.' I’ve long bemoaned that few current bands say anything about surrounding sociopolitical issues. “Makes old punks say ‘yea!”... plus 'Ghost' is a catchy ditty with a hooky chorus... Bravo.’'
- Jack Rabid, Tbe Big Takeover magazine
"Since forming in 2001, Toronto-based trio The Soles has been earning praise from fans, critics, and fellow musicians"
- Adam Morrison (Alan Cross' Exploremusic.com)
"A future Rock & Roll classic from The Soles, Broken Ghost"
- Jonathan Wesley, East of Midninght Host on CJMQ FM, Quebec
"I just love this writing! 'Jesus Las Vegas, hasn't come to save us', what a great tagline"
- IndieCan Radio
"The Soles have Soul! Just love your music! The song Broken Ghost hits home as my wife works with the homeless of Edmonton!"
- Pete and Brian, Shoebox show, CJSR FM, Edmontn Alberta
"'They say that some have and some of us don’t, if we’re all one body how could one arm be broke?' is a powerful line that comes off the title track. Maybe this EP can be a soundtrack to the coming election"
- Ride The Tempo.com, Blog
"It' s a really great EP! [Broken Ghost]"
- The Nick North Show, CHMR FM, St John's Newfoundland
"The Ford audio clip gave me the shivers. Truly frightening. Thank you ... I will play it [Broken Ghost! Thank you for the musical ativism"
- Alex Tse, CJSF Burnaby BC, PR Coordinator
"Thanks guys, I just listened Broken Ghost...solid track. I'll definitely spin it."
- Tim, the bsides radio show, CKUT FM, Montreal
"The message is clear, the music is good and the project as a whole offers up food for thought. Broken Ghost is, in my opinion, some of The Soles’ best work!"
- Melissa Minners, Review. G-POP.net, New York
"You had me on the songs 'We're All Sand in the Sun' and 'Joy'"
- Ash, USS singer/songrwiter, (The Soles June 21 2010, Cameron House show, Toronto)
"I did see that new record (Broken Ghost EP) and I did play it Monday night, it was quite good"
- Dog Eat Dog Radio, CFRC FM Kingston ON
"Tersely arranged, tuneful, and deliberately written to heal. Din's is a voice of rare and courageous idealism."
- Jon Brooks, Critically-Acclaimed & Multi-Award Winning Singer/Songwriter
"[Din is] a singer songwriter that brims of warm optimism."
- Lonely Vagabond, Exclaim! Network Blog Reviewer
"I like your sound."
- Greg Keelor, Blue Rodeo
"Keep going Din, you've got a good thing."
- Andrew Cash, Skydiggers / Cash Brothers
“The lyrics are very meaningful, and it sounds indie-licious.”
- Vikki Victoria, 88.1 Renegade Radio, Toronto
"Coals is a great song"
- Des, Host CJSL Radio, Burnaby BC
"I see that you are considering your every action deeply, Din. I admire you for that, and I am inspired. If each one of us on this planet did that, the planet itself would be a much different place on which to live. You encourage me! Blessings"
- Neale Donald Walsch (Author of the million plus-selling CWG Trilogy)
"I have listened to these songs many, many times since you first sent them my way. Fantastic stuff!"
- Will Braun, Former editor, GEE