Cookies & Privacy
Information Collection and Use
There are several interactive features this Site, including the ability to register, upload content, create your own "fan club," rank and review user-submitted content and participate in competitions. Information collected on this Site includes email address, name, street address and, PayPal® information (if you are electing features such as "Get Paid When You Win!").
Information you submit will be used to respond to your request. Additionally, if you are the winner of a contest, OurStage will disclose your information as part of a publicly available winners' list, which may be posted on this Site or otherwise disclosed elsewhere, such as advertising and promotional materials. We may also use your information for other legitimate business purposes, including sending you notices about OurStage, its products and services, or asking for your input and feedback on our products and services unless you have chosen to opt-out.. If you register for the first time on OurStage as an artist or as a fan in a sponsored channel, we will share your username, email address and zip code with the channel sponsor. If you previously registered on OurStage and then enter into a sponsored channel competition or sponsored channel sweepstakes, we will share your username, email address and zip code with the channel sponsor.
As part of our regular business conduct we share information with third parties who help us deliver your requested services. We ensure that these 3rd parties are commited to GDPR compliance as per the new regulations. We will share your information in the event that there is a change of corporate ownership. We may also share information with government officials in order to cooperate with a legitimate investigation.
Some of your user information, including your user name, will be accessible to other registered users, for example, on your "fan club" page, on other "fan club" pages should you choose to join their club, and on content comment pages. If you do not wish to have your information shared with other users, you should deactivate your account and cease use of the Site.
You may send messages to friends about Site by using the "send to a friend" feature, accessible at content pages. Information you submit in this feature will not be stored by OurStage, and will be used only to send the email you request.
This Site also uses passive tracking technologies to log non-identifiable information such as IP address, browser type and Site usage. The information collected in this manner is used for site maintenance and development. We may also employ "cookies" or similar technologies provide additional functionality to the Site and help us analyze Site usage more accurately. Some of the features on our Site will only function if your browser is set to accept cookies. Thus, if you decline to accept cookies, certain features of our Site may not operate properly.
OurStage uses pixels, or transparent GIF files, to help manage online advertising. These GIF files are provided by our ad management partner, DoubleClick. These files enable DoubleClick to recognize a unique cookie in your Web browser, which in turn enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to our website. The cookie was placed by us, or by another advertiser who works with DoubleClick. With both cookies and Spotlight technology, the information that we collect and share is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address. For more information about DoubleClick, including information about how to opt out of these technologies, go to DoubleClick's Privacy Page.
As part of an ongoing commitment to being compliant with the new GDPR regulations this section details some of the rights that you have over your data.
- You have the right, in some circumstances, to have your personal data removed. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and providing there is no lawful basis against the request, we will make all reasonable effort to comply.
- Where your consent is solely our legal basis for processing your data you can request a copy, transfer or moving of the data in a machine-readable form such as a CSV file. This can be supplied to you or another provider at your request. Requests should be sent to email@example.com and if technically possibly we will take all reasonable steps to fulfil your request.
- A copy of the personal information that we hold on you is available to you upon your request as long as it does not compromise the confidentiality of any other individuals. Please send any requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In some circumstances you have the right object to processing of your personal data. This can be done by sending your objection to email@example.com Once your objection has been received we will temporarily suspend processing your data in-line with your objection whilst we carry out an investigation. Once the investigation has been completed we will either permanently stop processing data as you requested or let you know why your objection was not successful and we will continue to process as normal. Please note that you can unsubscribe from direct emailing using the unsubscribe feature on our sites or within emails.
- If you have previously given us consent to process your data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can unsubscribe within your account or within emails from us. At any time you can opt back in. Should you opt out or unsubscribe this will only take effect from that date and will not have any impact on historic data processing.
- When the personal data we have is inaccurate or incomplete you have the right for it to be updated or completed. You can review your data in your account settings and if you do no have the ability to change it yourself then let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can do it for you.
- When you believe our processing of your data is unlawful or we are investigating a previous objection you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information unless there is a legal basis for us doing so.
Children on This Site
This Site is intended for an adult audience, and children under the age of 13 are not eligible to participate. OurStage understands and attempts to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, and for that reason uses age screens to block children under 13 from providing personally identifiable information. If you are a parent and believe that your child has submitted OurStage with information, please contact us.
From time to time we may include at the Site links to other web sites as a service to you. The third party sites are operated by companies that are outside of our control, and your activities at those sites will be governed by the policies and practices of those third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of these third parties before disclosing any personally identifiable information, as we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites.
Contact Us/Exercising Options About How We Use Your Information
If you are receiving OurStage email advertisements and no longer wish to receive those email messages, you may opt out at the time you receive the message by following the instructions in that email. Please allow ten days for your request to be processed. For questions or concerns regarding the use of personal information you submit to us, please contact our community team.
Security and Data Storage
We use standard and reasonable technological and procedural measures to protect the information you provide. Data you provide to us will be stored on our servers in the United States or abroad. By providing us with your information, you understand and consent to the international transfer of your data.
We urge you to take steps to protect yourself as well. For example, select a neutral username that does not include your name or other personally identifiable information. Do not share your password with anyone else, and to take measures to prevent it from unauthorized access or disclosure. To learn more about how to protect yourself online, we encourage you to visit the government website.
When visiting our site, we would like to use tracking technologies which record information about you automatically. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:- the internet domain and IP address from where you access our site; the type of browser software and operating system used to access our site; the date and time you access our site; the pages you enter, visit and exit our site from; and if you linked to our site from another site, the address of that site.
We use this information to help us identify access patterns, to improve our site and to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We only use this information to ensure that our site stays compatible with a selection of browsers and systems and thereby ensure that the pages appeal to a wide audience. Currently our site is optimised for most of the popular browsers. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits.