About Oliver Sean
London, United Kingdom
• MTV EUROPE MUSIC AWARDS 2012 NOMINEE
• GRAMMY AWARDS NOMINATION FINALIST (54th & 55th Grammy Awards)
• VH1 TOP 10 INTERNATIONAL CHARTS (Movies)
• AA CHARTS No. 2 (So Good)
• VH1 SPECIALS (Feature Documentary 2012)
• HEADLINED AT WORLD FAMOUS WHISKEY A GO-GO (Los Angeles)
• HEADLINED AT THE LEGENDARY CAFÉ WHA? (New York City)
• HEADLINED AT HARD ROCK CAFE (Mumbai, New Delhi, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad)
• HEADLINED AT THE MICK JAGGER CENTER (Kent, United Kingdom)
• HEADLINED AT THE W.O.A INTERNATIONAL MUSIC FESTIVAL (Goa)
• HEADLINED AT THE FRIDGE (Dubai)
MTV EMA Nominee Oliver Sean is an International Portuguese Singer/Songwriter who thrived in the Goa, Dubai and the UK cultures as they acted as the backdrop to his youth, and the inspiration for his music. His discography with W.O.A. Records was birthed in 1999 with his single There She Is Again at the age of 17.
Oliver Sean's media clippings have formed a career of their own. Since his career launched in his teens, Sean's press clippings exceed several hundred features, snippets, and reviews in significant print and broadcast mediums. His brand of music is known for its pop influence with contemporary undertones. AVMax nominated Sean’s debut album 'I Like It' for ‘International Album of the Year’ in 2003 along with albums by John Mayer, Robbie Williams, Kylie Minogue and Third Eye Blind.
Oliver Sean's eclectic global music style is the trademark for his brand, and is as exotic as his mixed Portuguese, Italian and Goan Lineage.
A self-taught musician, Oliver Sean is a multi instrumentalist, singer-songwriter and composer. However, it is his distinctive percussive guitar style and soulful voice, which is his footprint on the music industry. Sean writes and composes all of his music. His distinctive voice combined with his high energy performance is just one of his many assets defining him as a pillar in the music community and led International publication ‘The Sun’ to call him ‘The Hottest International Offering from the shores of Goa’. He is a member of the Recording Academy and a Voting Member for the prestigious Grammy Awards. He has been selected by the Recording Academy twice in a row for the Grammy Nomination List for the 54th and 55th Grammy Awards.
Sean is also involved with writing music for the French Government, producing music for other artists, and working on various film projects as a composer and a filmmaker. He has also composed the Soundtrack for a popular International film released earlier this year and is currently working on a documentary about the urgency to protect Tiger's, based on the soon to be published book 'Once upon a time' by Wanda Alvares.
Sean's last album 'So Good' (2011) has had several hits including a Vh1 Top 10 spot, No. 2 on an International chart listing, Featured album spot at the Virgin Megastores in Dubai, Grammy nomination consideration in 9 categories, a Vh1 Specials feature and recently the MTV Europe Music Awards 2012 nomination in the BEST WORLDWIDE ACT category.
Oliver Sean’s new single 'All I Remember' was released in the US simultaneously announcing his first major US Tour in September 2012. The music video for 'All i Remember' is currently a featured video on Vh1's International channel and various other networks.
Oliver Sean is scheduled for various concerts around the world in 2013 with headlining slots at the Scorcher Fest in Sydney in the summer of 2013, Various Music Festivals in the US, Oliver Sean concert in Dubai, Acoustic Tour in London and more - stay tuned to the Official Oliver Sean Website for the latest updates http://www.oliversean.com
• So Good (Single) certified platinum (India/Middle East)
• So Good (Album) featured album @ Virgin Mega Stores ME
• Movies (music Video) hits the Vh1 Top 10 Charts
• So Good (Music Video) hits Vh1 Hit Factory
• So Good (Single) hits No. 2 on International music charts Asia/ME
• Alone (Music Video) hits Vh1 Hit list - 1st June 2012
• Oliver Sean 'Vh1 Specials' (Documentary) - 7th June 2012
• TGIRF Feature story & Rockumentary - 20th July 2012
• All I Remember (Single) – Selected for 55th Grammy Nomination List
• Oliver Sean NOMINATED for MTV EUROPE MUSIC AWARDS 2012
• 55th Grammy Awards Nomination Final List Finalist
• All I Remember currently a featured music video on Vh1
There She Is Again (Single) - 1999
I Like It (Album) - 2002
I Like It (Major Label Re-Release) - 2003
Libran Mind (Film Score) - 2004
Darna Chod Do (Album) - 2007
Christmas Time (Single) - 2008
Goa Chillout Zone Vol.1 (Compilation) - 2009
So Good (Single) - 2010
So Good - The Album (Album) - 2011
NuBreed of the Middle East (Compilation) - 2011
Cutting Chai (Film Soundtrack) - 2012
All I Remember (Single) - 2012
Christmas Unplugged (LIVE EP) - 2012