You’ll know it in an instant. Whatever it is that gives certain singer/songwriters real promise and broad appeal, Julie Clark has it. It’s her voice that wins you first... remarkably expressive, sincere and somehow comforting. A captivating sound that leads you willingly into her memorable folk-pop songs.
Clark’s second full-length CD of all-original material, is crystal clear – both in terms of Clark’s vivid lyrics and the pristine sonic quality of the recording itself. You can see straight to the bottom of its sparkling pool of widely diverse emotions. From the ebullient hopefulness of the opening track “Change Your Mind” to the raucous fun of “I’d Do ‘Em All (if I could),” Clark’s songwriting addresses a broad range of human experience with surprising honesty and insight. Throughout Change Your Mind, Clark sings of love in its many forms, such as the poignant hope of restoring closeness with a sibling in “Growin’ Up” and an intense longing to be desired romantically in “Jacket.”
Here's a bit about Julie Clark:
- WINNER: Kerrville New Folk Competition
- WINNER: Great American Song Contest: 1st Place, Folk/Acoustic Category
- WINNER: Cornucopia Music Festival - Best Audience Response
- WINNER: Virginia Music Awards: Folk/Acoustic Artist of the Year
- WINNER: Mid-Atlantic Song Contest: Gold Awards, Folk & Adult Contemporary
- WINNER: Mid-Atlantic Song Contest: Grand Prize
- WINNER: Rocky Mountain Folks Festival Song Contest, 2nd Place
- WINNER: National Equality March Song Contest
- WINNER: OMA Song of the Year
Lilith Fair Producers: This is the Washington, D.C. emerging artist you're looking for. Turn it up!
Julie Clark has a devoted following in the Northern Virginia/Washington DC area and is known for going the extra mile on marketing and promotion. DC-area venues where's she's performed regularly include the prestigious Barns of Wolftrap and the popular stage for touring artists, Jammin' Java.www.julieclark.net
"Folk-pop that KISSES but DOESN'T TELL."