Huntington Station, NY
t's not easy to put Kaydi Johnson's music into a neat package or box. This artist deftly cracks the stereotype of the cordial female singer/songwriter holding a guitar. Known for her witty word plays and tightrope topics, it's tough not to get drawn in and intoxicated by her crisp musical style and insightful lyrics. Her eagerly awaited third CD, "Peasant of the Wreck," (produced by David Seitz- Moby, Bruce Springsteen) transcends the safety of your garden-variety composition. Exploring themes of family, corruption, politics and love, Kaydi holds nothing back
* Kaydi was selected for the Falcon Ridge Emerging Artist Showcase in new York, 2003.
* She has opened for David Crosby, Robert Earl Keene and Lucy Kaplansky.
* Kaydi was a top ten regional New York finalist for the 2006 Mountain Stage New Song Festival at River to River Festival in NYC (with Ingrid Michaelson).
* She was a finalist in the South Florida Festival Songwriting Competition.
* She has appeared on Vin Scelsa's "Idiot's Delight" on WFUV, in NYC.
* Pete Fornatele of WFUV, Fordam University, NY, gave her honorable mention when selecting his "top ten" albums of 2002.
* Song Writing Finalist-- Founders Title Folk Festival--Snowbird, Utah, 2008
* Song Writing Finalist--Avalon Folk Festival-- Paw Paw, West Virginia, 2008
* WINNER AVALONFEST SONG WRITING COMPETITION, 2008
* Honorable Mention--2009 North Carolina Songwriter's Coop songwriting contest.