Los Angeles, CA
One Year Yesterday formed in 2006, in Upland California. More specifically, in a tiny shack behind Dan's house. The band consisted of Tyler Johnson (Piano, Vocals), Nate Lotz (Drums), Dan Sinner (Guitar, Vocals) and Matt Sinner (Bass). After recording a three song Demo, The Intention EP, the band started playing shows all over LA. In November of 2006, One Year Yesterday packed out the Whiskey a go go, proof of their growing success.
With a growing fan base and new material, the band decided that it was time to record a full-length album. One Year Yesterday contacted Troy Welstad and began solidifying all their songs into what would soon be their first album, Be There For You. While in the Studio, Troy pushed each member to their fullest to produce the best album possible. The Album was released in November 2007. The album release show was held at the Roxy, where the band sold out the venue as hundreds of fans sang aloud to each and every song. With a new sense of direction and purpose, the band continues to tour around southern California and gain fans.
• Sold Out Shows at Whiskey a go go, Roxy theater, and Steamboat Mountain Theater (Colorado)
• Released a full-length album
• Moved over 1500 units in the first six months
• Performed with major label artist like Tyrone Wells and The Matches
• Featured on Rehearsals.com that also features artist like Tom Pettey, Pussy Cat Dolls, Earth Wind and Fire, and Norah Jones.
• Music video “Be There For You” took first place at B.E.A. festival of media arts
• Worked with 1990 Billboard Magazine producer of the year Richie Zito (Top Gun, Blondie, Elton John…)
• Worked with Alan Wadington (Gwen Stephanie)
• Produced by Troy Welstad (Ryan Cabrera, Hillary Duff, Pink)
• Worked with Berrie Becker at Becker Studios
• Placed in the top ten in the competitive web site ourstage.com for every month entered
• First place on gotademo.com
• Sold over 500 songs in the first month on itunes