About Tia McGraff
Port Dover, Canada
Writing and recording since the young age of 19, Tia McGraff’s uplifting, heart-warming songs have
been garnering her strong fan exclaim from the start. As one devoted fan once said, "Tia’s music
makes your heart rest!"
The Port Dover, ON, Canada native first released two albums, on her label Bandana Records, and four
music videos which were showcased on Country Music Television (CMT), before deciding to make the
move to Nashville, TN. Soon after her arrival in Nashville, Tia met songwriter/producer Tommy
Parham who became her partner in life and on stage.
The duo quickly became a musical force to be reckoned with and Tia and Tommy have become an
indie pairing that is reaching out to the world with their love for each other and for their music.
Having released two successful albums that were supported by festivals and venues around the world
(including the famous Bluebird Café), they’ve not only found touring success but also commercial
success. Their songs have been placed in a variety of movies and television spots. Most recently, “All
Of Us,” (Tia McGraff/Tommy Parham/Henry Priestman) was placed in an Australian TV commercial
promoting multi-culturalism and Tia’s version was featured in a video on World Youth Day in Sydney,
and played in front of the Pope and over 500,000 spectators.
Tia McGraff's latest album, “Day In My Shoes,” was nominated for Best Alt Country Recording of the
Year at the 2008 Hamilton Music Awards.
The seasoned duo have been immersed in the world of country music in more ways than one. Writing,
performing and producing, they have captured the attention and respect of artists, producers and
• Tia has worked with Charles Cozens early in her career and, more recently, with Dan Hill.
• Tommy produced Mark Guilliano’s CD which was nominated for Indie Artist of the Year,
• “Destination Unknown” won the Golden Viking Award for Album of the Year, 2006.
• Tommy co-produced “Outside the Circle” and “Day in My Shoes.”
• Tommy has written “Rocks You Can’t Move,” with Nashville song writers Rob Crosby and
Will Rambeaux. The song went on to become the first single for artist Lee Greenwood, off
his album “Stronger Than Time.”
• Tommy and Tia have written, recorded and performed on stage with heavy metal rocker
Mark Slaughter of the band Slaughter.
• Tommy’s song, “Leavin’ Ain’t the Only Way to Go” made the soundtrack of the film,
Come Early Morning, starring Ashley Judd. The same track also made the box set for the
series, Northern Exposure.
“Tia McGraff is a fantastic singer with her own vocal personality which reminds me of an early
Linda Ronstadt. She is a very intuitive songwriter who knows what a song needs to make it
tick. A joy to work with. It’s just a matter of time ‘till that magic moment when everyone
agrees it’s Tia’s time” - Randy Bachman (BTO and Guess Who)